Published On: Fri, Feb 8th, 2013

AC Milan confident in attack despite star’s ineligibility

Forza Italian Football are looking for NEW WRITERS, so if you are interested, click here for more info

believes that have the required depth in attack to challenge without in their round of 16 matchup.

The Italian international grabbed the headlines in the January transfer window when he moved from Premier League side to his boyhood favorites, bur consequently is ineligible to compete for the Rossoneri in their European adventures, having already done so for the Citizens in the group stage earlier this season.

“We may not have Balotelli in the Champions League but we have , [Giampaolo] Pazzini and [Krkic] who can all play their part,” Abate told Milan’s official website.

Midfielder echoed his teammate’s sentiments in a statement of his own.

“It is a shame Mario isn’t playing but Pazzini is having a good season and we also have cover in Bojan,” he said.

The Rossoneri welcome Barcelona to the on February 20, and will travel to Catalunya for the return leg two weeks later.

You can follow Ian Capasso on Twitter: @capasso10

About the Author

Podcast

Twitter

Advertisement

Visit us on Google+