Serie A 2012/13: Top 10 Players – Week 36
Chievo stunned AS Roma when Cyril Théréau scored a late winner at the Stadio Olimpico to steal a 1-0 win for the Veronese side. Meanwhile Torino and Genoa played out a 0-0 draw.
Finally Parma grabbed an impressive 1-0 victory away to Cagliari, to climb to 11th place in the Serie A table.
Here are the top 10 players…
10. Gabriele Angella (Udinese): Angella was reliable in Udinese’s defence as they defeated Palermo 3-2. The centre-back won most of his aerial duels and his distribution helped Udinese counter effectively. He headed in a corner in the 63rd minute to level the scores at 2-2.
9. Antonio Candreva (Lazio): Candreva was Lazio’s best player as he wreaked havoc cutting in from the right flank against Internazionale. His cross led to Lazio’s first goal and his clever running and movement allowed Lazio to pick Inter apart all night long.
8. Nicolás Spolli (Catania): Spolli was inspirational in Catania’s defensive line as they drew 1-1 with Sampdoria. He dominated aerially and shut out the opposition for much of the game. He also popped up with the equalizing goal for Catania, heading in from a set-piece.
7. Juan Cuadrado (Fiorentina): Cuadrado was influential down Fiorentina’s right wing as they defeated Siena 1-0. The Colombian used his dribbling skills to unnerve the Siena defence and drive La Viola forward. He should have scored late on too.
6. Blerim Dzemaili (Napoli): Dzemaili turned in another solid performance in Napoli’s midfield, maintaining their attacking tempo against Bologna. He let rip with a trademark long distance strike in the 67th minute to score the Partenopei’s third goal.