Italian Sports Newspaper Headlines for June 2nd, 2011
- Matches fixed, drugged players: Serie B and Lega Pro falsified. Signori and 15 others arrested, Doni and Bettarini under investigation.
- 15 matches under question. The ex-striker, held as the main culprit, in front of the police force says: “Have pity”. The inquest began with began with a complaint made by Cremonese: against Paganese 5 players were given sleeping pills.
Clubs at risk
- Siena and Atalanta involved, promotion hangs in the balance.
- Attempts to fix Inter-Lecce, but they failed.
The incriminating calls
- Doubts over Brescia-Bologna and other Serie A matches.
- Three groups in action: the goalkeeper Paoloni held a key position.
Juve, on the attack for Sanchez. Eto’o calls Asamoah
Roma, there is Luis Enrique. Palermo gets Pioli
Signori, what horror!
- Serie B and Lega Pro floored by the betting scandal. But also Serie A…
- 16 people, amongst them Beppe Signori, arrested by the police after investigations made by the mobile squad of Cremona. According to the GIP 16 matches were fixed, Atalanta and Siena tremble.
- Sleeping pills to players to “fix” a match. Doni and Bettarini are also under question. The investigators are also looking at Inter-Lecce and Brescia-Bologna. Phone calls with references to Toro.
Inler-Sanchez Juve advance
- Meeting with Udinese for the Swiss midfielder and the Chilean goalscorer. But from Spain: “There is Higuain”. Chiellini: “We need a star”.
Toro – Cairo met with Colantuono
- Petrachi was also present. For the role of director-general there are talks of Lucchese. Antenucci attacks Lerda.
Milan’s offer for Fabregas: 30 million and two players
Roma: there is Luis Enrique
Palermo, Pioli arrives
Inter, here are 60 million
Genoa-Ribas: it is done
Lazio, idea Mannini
Fiorentina, Jovetic problem
Novara at Reggio want to make history
- 18 matches under question between A, B, and Lega Pro. Bettarini and Doni in trouble. Cremonese were drugged to lose.
- Signori and 15 others arrested, 28 under investigation. For the prosectors of Cremona: “championships were falsified with their bets”.
- Paoloni of Benevento and 2 players of Ascoli in jail. The scope of the bets were incredible.
- Atalanta and Siena involved, there will be a sporting trial: the standings may be rewritten.
Trezeguet: “Napoli, yes!”
- The French striker speaks out: “Ideal place to once again find motivation”. The negotiations are ongoing. And Mariga is closer.
Juve: contact for Inler and Sanchez
Luis Enrique to Roma: 2 year contract
Palermo, goodbye Rossi: in his place comes Pioli
Join Forza Italian Football on Twitter and Facebook.