Genoa are aiming to do the double over Fiorentina in a season for what would, surprisingly, be just the second time ever when they travel to Tuscany on Saturday evening.
Fiorentina (3-5-2): Dragowski; Milenkovic, Pezzella, Caceres; Lirola, Benassi, Pulgar, Castrovilli, Ranieri; Chiesa, Cutrone.
Genoa (3-5-2): Perin; Biraschi, Romero, Criscito; Ankersen, Behrami, Schone, Sturaro, Barreca; Pandev, Sanabria.
Unavailable: Lerager, Kouame, Zapata.
– Genoa could win both matches against Fiorentina in a single Serie A campaign for only the second time in their history (the first was in 1937/38).
– Since the 2017/18 season, three matches between Fiorentina and Genoa have ended goalless, more than any other Serie A fixture in this period.
– Fiorentina have lost only one of their last 42 home Serie A matches against Genoa (W27 D14): 1-2 in March 1977.
– The last time Fiorentina went three consecutive Serie A matches without conceding was back in April 2018 (four) – they are currently on a streak of two such games.
– Genoa’s last win on the road in Serie A was back on January 28th 2018 (3-1 v Empoli): since then they picked up nine points in their last 19 away league games (D9 L10).
– Genoa have conceded 41 goals this season, a joint-negative record for them after 20 Serie A matches – level with the 1942/43 and 1957/58 campaigns.
– The last Fiorentina manager to remain unbeaten in his first four Serie A matches was Cesare Prandelli in 2005/06 – Giuseppe Iachini is currently on a streak of three (W2 D1).
– Dusan Vlahovic is Fiorentina’s leading scorer in Serie A this season (four goals); the last time Fiorentina failed to have a player score 5+ goals after 20 Serie A matches was back in 1990/91 (Kubik, Fuser and Orlando with four).
– Fiorentina’s Federico Chiesa scored in the most recent Serie A match (v Napoli): only in January 2017 has he netted in consecutive league games (the second game came against Genoa at Franchi).
– Goran Pandev has scored five goals in this current league season, while in Serie A in 2018/19 he netted just four goals. Genoa’s striker hasn’t scored in his last 14 league matches against Fiorentina, only against Bologna has he had a longer goalless run in the competition (16).