Inter aim to instantly bounce back from their surprise slip at Lecce last week when they welcome Cagliari to the mainland for Sunday’s early kick-off from Serie A.
Inter (3-5-2): Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Young, Barella, Borja Valero, Sensi, Biraghi; Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez.
Cagliari (4-2-3-1): Olsen; Faragò, Walukiewicz, Klavan, Lu. Pellegrini; Nandez, Cigarini, Ionita; Nainggolan, Joao Pedro; Simeone.
Unavailable: Pavoletti, Rog, Cerri, Ceppitelli, Cacciatore, Mattiello.
– The last time Inter and Cagliari drew a Serie A fixture was back in February 2014: six Nerazzurri wins against three for the Rossoblu in the most recent nine league matches.
– Inter have scored in 34 of their last 35 Serie A matches against Cagliari (0-2 in April 2013) – they have netted on average two goals per match in this run.
– Inter have never kept three consecutive home clean sheets against Cagliari in Serie A – they are currently on a streak of two in a row at San Siro.
– Cagliari have lost each of their last 13 Serie A games against teams starting the day in the top two of the table – conceding on average 2.5 goals per match.
– Inter have scored the most goals in the first 30 minutes of games in Serie A this season (15 goals) – on the other hand, no other side had conceded fewer goals than Cagliari in the same period (only four).
– Inter and Cagliari have scored the most headed goals in Serie A this campaign (both eight): they both scored with a header in their most recent league matches.
– Among coaches he’s faced on 3+ occasions in Serie A, Rolando Maran has a 100% loss record against only two coaches: Antonio Conte and Davide Nicola (four defeats vs both).
– Inter’s Lautaro Martínez has scored more Serie A goals versus Cagliari than against any other side (three goals in three matches) – his first goal in the Italian top flight came against the Rossoblu in September 2018.
– Cagliari’s João Pedro has scored more goals this season (13) than in his previous two Serie A campaigns. Indeed, he has netted three headed goals so far, no other player has scored more in Serie A this term.
– Cagliari’s Radja Nainggolan has scored more Serie A goals versus Inter than against any other side A (five goals); in the last league season he played 29 matches for Inter (six goals + three assists).