The 174th Derby della Capitale takes place on Sunday evening at the Stadio Olimpico in Serie A, with Roma the designated home side against Lazio.
Roma (4-2-3-1): Pau Lopez; Spinazzola, Mancini, Smalling, Kolarov; Cristante, Veretout; Under, Lo. Pellegrini, Kluivert; Dzeko.
Unavailable: Mkhitaryan, Pastore, Zappacosta, Zaniolo, Diawara, Perotti.
Lazio (3-5-2): Strakosha; Luiz Felipe, Acerbi, Radu; Lazzari, Milinkovic-Savic, Leiva, Luis Alberto, Lulic; Immobile, Caicedo.
Unavailable: Marusic, Cataldi, Lukaku.
– Lazio and Roma drew 1-1 in their first league meeting this season: the last time the Biancocelesti went unbeaten in both Serie A derbies in a single season was back in 2012/13, under Vladimir Petkovic.
– Roma have not found the net in each of their last two league games against Lazio played in the second part of the season (the last goal was scored by Daniele De Rossi from the penalty spot in April 2017): the Giallorossi have not gone three derbies without scoring since February 1996, counting just the second part of the season.
– Clashes between Lazio and Roma have seen 24 red cards since the turn of the century; more than any other fixture across the top five European leagues.
– Roma have lost their last two home league games; the Giallorossi have not lost three consecutive home games in the competition since April 2005, under Luigi Delneri (one) and Bruno Conti (three).
– Lazio have managed 11 league wins in a row this season: each of the previous teams that went on a 12-match winning streak in a single Serie A season ended up winning the Scudetto (Inter in 2006/07 and Juventus in 2013/14, 2015/16 and 2017/18).
– Roma have faced fewer shots on average in the league this season (11.1 per game); in Serie A 2018/19, Roma ended the season in 13th place in this ranking (with 14.3 shots conceded per game).
– Lazio have scored the most penalties (10) in the first 19 games of a single Serie A season in the three points era, overtaking Roma’s previous record (nine) that dated back to 2016/17.
– Only Atalanta’s defenders (194) have had more touches in the opponent’s box than Roma (164) in Serie A this season, while only Cagliari’s defenders (39) have had fewer than Lazio (44).
– Edin Dzeko has scored 70 league goals with the Giallorossi and could reach Dino Da Costa (71 goals) in eighth place in the all-time standings for goals scored with Roma in Serie A.
– Ciro Immobile has scored 23 goals in 19 appearances in Serie A this season: the Lazio striker would already be top scorer – including joint-top scorer – in 45% of the previous Serie A seasons (39 out of 87).