Lazio will face one of the toughest tests in their bid to end Juventus’ Scudetto stranglehold when they take on Atalanta in Bergamo on Wednesday night.
Atalanta (3-4-2-1): Gollini; Toloi, Palomino, Djimsiti; Hateboer, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens; Gomez, Malinovskyi; Zapata.
Lazio (3-5-1-1): Strakosha; Patric, Acerbi, Radu; Lazzari, Milinkovic-Savic, Parolo, Luis Alberto, Jony; Correa; Immobile.
Unavailable: Marusic, Luiz Felipe, Lulic, Lucas Leiva.
– Atalanta are unbeaten in their last five Serie A games against Lazio (W2 D3), the last time they recorded a longer unbeaten run against the Biancocelesti was between 1977 and 1992 (14).
– In the last seven Serie A games between Atalanta and Lazio there have been 29 goals scored, at an average of 4.1 per match, while both teams have gained two wins (D3).
– Atalanta are unbeaten in five of their last six home games against Lazio in Serie A (W3 D2), scoring 12 goals in the process (average of two per game).
– Lazio are unbeaten in 21 league games (W17 D4): on each of the last four occasions they’ve enjoyed unbeaten runs of this length in a single Serie A season, they eventually won the Scudetto.
– Lazio have gained 62 points in 26 games this season. Indeed, during the three points per win era, of the eight teams who achieved this feat only Napoli in 2017/18 failed to win the Scudetto.
– Lazio have remained unbeaten in their last nine away games, thanks to seven wins and two draws: the Biancocelesti have only enjoyed a longer such run in 2003, when they set their record run of 12.
– Lazio’s last nine Serie A goals have been scored by eight different players, only Immobile has scored twice in this current run.
– Lazio’s Luis Alberto has provided 12 assists in Serie A this season, just two fewer than his personal best campaign in 2017/18. However, only one of these assists has come in his most recent 10 games.
– Atalanta’s Alejandro Gomez has scored four goals and provided four assists against Lazio in Serie A, including his first brace in Serie A in November 2012 with Catania.
– All four of Ciro Immobile’s goals against Atalanta in Serie A have been scored with Lazio, including a brace in the reverse fixture.