Sassuolo are chasing just their second ever top flight win over Napoli when they travel to the Stadio San Paolo on Saturday night (kick-of 21:45).
Unavailable: Ospina, Llorente.
Unavailable: Boga, Chiriches, Defrel, Obiang, Romagna.
– Napoli and Sassuolo have met 13 times in Serie A, with the Partenopei leading by seven wins to one (D5).
– Napoli have scored in each of their 13 Serie A games against Sassuolo so far – 22 goals in total, at an average 1.7 per game.
– Sassuolo have never scored more than one goal away to Napoli in Serie A, netting only four goals in six trips to the San Paolo.
– Napoli have conceded goals in each of their last 11 home games in Serie A, equalling their longest such run from 1960.
– Sassuolo have scored in each of their last 11 league games, and could equal their best such run in the competition (12 games in 2014/15).
– Sassuolo coach Roberto De Zerbi made only three Serie A appearances as a player, with all three coming for for Napoli in 2007/08. He has never beaten Napoli so far as a manager (D1 L4).
– After winning four games out of five following the restart of the Serie A season (L1), Napoli have won just one of their last four league games (D2 L1).
– Napoli forward Matteo Politano scored 20 goals in his 96 Serie A appearances for Sassuolo between 2015 and 2018. He has yet to score in three games against them in the competition since, however.
– Domenico Berardi made his Serie A debut in a game against Napoli in September 2013 – Berardi has been directly involved in five goals in his last four league appearances.
– Francesco Caputo has scored four goals and made two assists in his last four league games, and could become Sassuolo’s first player to score in five consecutive Serie A games.