Fiorentina (3-5-2): Dragowski; Milenkovic, Ger. Pezzella, Caceres; Chiesa, Bonaventura, Duncan, Castrovilli, Biraghi; Kouamé, Ribery.
Torino (4-3-1-2): Sirigu; Izzo, Nkoulou, Bremer, Ansaldi; Meité, Rincon, Linetty; Berenguer; Belotti, Zaza.
Unavailable: Baselli, Rodriguez, Lyanco.
– Fiorentina have lost only one of their last seven matches against Torino in Serie A (W3 D3), back in December 2019.
– Fiorentina have scored in each of their last 13 Serie A matches against Torino – it’s their longest ongoing streak against a single opponent in the competition.
– Fiorentina are unbeaten in 30 home Serie A matches against Torino (W16 D14); in Serie A history, only Bologna’s 32-game home unbeaten run against Genoa between 1931 and 1989 surpasses this.
– Fiorentina and Torino will face on the first matchday of a Serie A season for the fourth time (W1 D1 L1).
– Fiorentina have conceded 109 goals on the first matchday of Serie A seasons, the most of any side.
– Fiorentina have won only one of their last four games on matchday one (L3), in 2018 against Chievo (6-1).
– Torino have won on matchday one last season (2-1 v Sassuolo) – they haven’t won on matchday one in consecutive seasons since 1992/93 and 1993/94.
– Fiorentina will play the opening match of a Serie A season for the first time since 2012/13, beating Udinese 2-1. Torino are doing so for the first time since 2007-08 – a 2-2 draw with Lazio.
– Fiorentina’s Christian Kouamé has scored on matchday one twice in Serie A, and has also previously scored against Torino in the competition, in December 2018 with Genoa.
– After scoring in seven consecutive Serie A games, Torino’s Andrea Belotti hasn’t found the net in his most recent five matches in the competition.