The second game of the new Serie A season takes place in Veneto on Saturday night when Hellas Verona welcome Roma north.
Hellas Verona (3-4-2-1): Silvestri; Cetin, Gunter, Empereur; Faraoni, Tameze, Veloso, Dimarco; Benassi, Zaccagni; Di Carmine.
Unavailable: Lazovic, Magnani.
Roma (3-4-2-1): Pau Lopez; Mancini, Cristante, Ibanez; Karsdorp, Diawara, Veretout, Spinazzola; Pellegrini, Mkhitaryan; Kluivert.
Unavailable: Pastore, Perotti, Zaniolo.
– Roma are unbeaten in their last 17 Serie A matches against Verona (W12 D5), only against Lecce (27 as of 2011) and Ascoli (21 as of 2005) have they registered a longer streak without defeat in the Italian top flight.
– Roma have netted in each of their last 22 Serie A matches against Verona, only against Bologna have the Giallorossi scored in more consecutive games in the Italian top flight (29 in a row between 2000 and 2018).
– Verona have won only one of their last 14 home Serie A matches against Roma (D6 L7): 2-1 in October 1996 under Luigi Cagni.
– Roma are unbeaten in their four matchday one Serie A matches against Verona, each of these coming on the road (W1 D4).
– Verona are unbeaten in six of their last seven matchday one games (W1 D5) – the only defeat in this run came in 2017 against Napoli.
– Roma are currently unbeaten in eight games on matchday one in Serie A (W5 D3), their last defeat coming against Cagliari.
– Roma could win five Serie A matches in a row for the first time since November 2017 – they ended last season with four wins on the bounce.
– New Roma signing Pedro has been involved in eight goals in his last eight matchday one fixtures among LaLiga and the Premier League (five goals and three assists).
– Roma’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan (nine goals currently in Serie A) could become only the sixth player to score at least 10 goals in three of the top five European leagues since 2013/14 (when he joined Borussia Dortmund).