Sampdoria aim to end a horror recent run of form in this fixture against Lazio when they face them in Genoa on Saturday evening (kick-off 18:00).
Sampdoria (4-4-1-1): Audero; Bereszynski, Tonelli, Colley, Augello; Candreva, Thorsby, Ekdal, Jankto; Ramirez; Quagliarella.
Lazio (3-5-2): Strakosha; Vavro, Parolo, Acerbi; Patric, Milinkovic-Savic, Leiva, Luis Alberto, Anderson; Muriqi, Correa.
Unavailable: Bastos, Luiz Felipe, Lulic, Marusic, Proto, Radu, Lazzari, Caicedo.
– Sampdoria have lost two of the three matches in the current league season (W1); in the three points for a win era (since 1994/95) only in 2019/20 and in 2004/05 have they lost three of their first four seasonal Serie A games.
– The last time Sampdoria have lost four home Serie A matches in a row was back in April 2011 – currently on a streak of three defeats in a row at the Luigi Ferraris.
– Lazio have picked up 20 points in 15 league matches post-lockdown (1.3 on average); in the previous 10 Serie A matches in 2020 the Biancocelesti gained the most points (26, 2.6 on average).
– In the last nine Serie A matches on the road, Lazio have never repeated the same result twice in a row (W4 D1 L4); they won the most recent match against Cagliari.
– Lazio have gained the most points from losing positions in 2020 in the top five European leagues (20).
– Lazio’s Luis Alberto (seven) and Sampdoria’s Morten Thorsby (six) are the two players to have started the most Shot Ending Sequences in the current Serie A campaign.
– Sampdoria are Felipe Caicedo’s favourite target in Serie A. Against the Blucerchiati he netted both his first goal in the Italian top-flight (December 2017) and also his first brace (April 2019) – in total he has scored four goals in four matches against them.
– Sampdoria are Ciro Immobile’s favourite target in Serie A (12 goals in 13 matches) – he is disqualified for this match. Since 2016/17 Lazio played only 10 league games without Immobile (W4 D3 L3).