Without talisman Zlatan Ibrahimovic, AC Milan are out to keep hold of top spot when they welcome Fiorentina to San Siro on Sunday afternoon (kick-off 15:00).
AC Milan (4-2-3-1): Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Bennacer, Kessie; Castillejo, Calhanoglu, Hauge; Rebic.
Unavailable: Leao, Saelemaekers, Ibrahimovic.
Fiorentina (4-3-3): Drawgowski; Caceres, Milenkovic, Pezzella, Biraghi; Amrabat, Pulgar, Castrovilli; Callejon, Vlahovic, Kouame.
– AC Milan have won only five of their last 18 games against Fiorentina in Serie A (D6 L7), after seven consecutive wins between 2008 and 2011.
– Only Juventus (78) have won more matches than AC Milan (72) against Fiorentina in Serie A.
– AC Milan have picked up at least 20 points in their eight matches to a Serie A season for the second time (in the three points for a win era) – the first since 2003/04, where they went on to win the title.
– AC Milan have scored in each of their last 28 league matches, only between December 1972 and December 1973 have the Rossoneri been on a longer streak in Serie A (29 consecutive games).
– AC Milan and Atletico Madrid are the only two teams still unbeaten in the top five European leagues since football resumed post-lockdown – 20 games for the Rossoneri, 19 for the Colchoneros.
– Under Cesare Prandelli Fiorentina have lost their most recent Serie A match against Benevento: the last Viola manager to lose both their first two games in charge was Stefano Pioli in 2017.
– Fiorentina haven’t scored in their last two away Serie A games: they last failed to score in three consecutive league games on the road back in 2012.
– In 2020, AC Milan are unbeaten in five Serie A games without Ibrahimovic, (four wins and one draw) – without him on the pitch, the Rossoneri’s win rate rises from 62.5% to 80%.
– Fiorentina’s Gaetano Castrovilli scored his first goal in Serie A at San Siro against AC Milan in September 2019 – he has already been involved in the same number of goals (five) in the current Serie A campaign than the whole of last season, in 25 fewer games.