A huge battle between two contenders takes place at San Siro on Wednesday night as Inter welcome Napoli north (kick-off 20:45).
Inter (3-5-2): Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Darmian, Gagliardini, Brozovic, Barella, Young; Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez.
Unavailable: Nainggolan, Pinamonti, Vecino, Vidal, Sanchez.
Napoli (4-2-3-1): Ospina; Di Lorenzo, Manolas, Koulibaly, Mario Rui; Fabian Ruiz, Bakayoko; Lozano, Zielinski, Insigne: Mertens.
– Inter won both league games against Napoli last season: Antonio Conte could become the second coach in history to win his first three Serie A matches as Nerazzurri boss against the Partenopei, after Alfredo Foni between 1952 and 1953.
– Inter have scored in their last four Serie A meetings against Napoli, having failed to net in their previous four: this is their longest streak since 2000 when they scored in eight games in a row in the competition against the Azzurri.
– Napoli have not found the net in their last three away games against Inter in Serie A: the last team to keep a clean sheet in four consecutive home games against the Partenopei were Catania between 1961 and 2008 (six games).
– Inter could win five matches in a row in a single Serie A season for the first time since December 2019.
– Napoli have scored 26 goals in Serie A this season: only in 2017/18 (32) and in 1957/58 (30) did they score more in their first 11 Serie A matchdays. Considering one game was awarded as a defeat due to COVID-19, they only scored more after 10 league games in 2017/18 (29) and in 1957/58 (27).
– Since the arrival of Gennaro Gattuso on the Napoli bench in December 2019, only Manchester City (17.5) have attempted more shots on average than Napoli (17.4) in the top five European leagues.
– Only Manchester United (15) have earned more points than Inter (10) from losing positions this season in the top five European leagues.
– Only Harry Kane (10) has recorded more assists than Napoli forward Dries Mertens (six) in the top five European leagues this season.
– Two of the five goals scored as a substitute by Lautaro Martínez have been against Napoli; the Inter forward also scored the last goal of the match in three of the four games he played against the Partenopei in the competition.
– Matteo Politano has scored five of his 30 Serie A goals with Inter (all in 2018/19). The Napoli attacker has scored three league goals at San Siro, more away goals than in any other stadium.