Two of Italy’s remaining Champions League hopefuls meet in Turin on Wednesday evening as Atalanta travel to champions Juventus (kick-off 18:30).
Juventus (4-4-2): Szczesny; Cuadrado, Danilo, Bonucci, Alex Sandro; McKennie, Arthur, Rabiot, Ramsey; Morata, C. Ronaldo.
Unavailable: Chiellini, Demiral.
Atalanta (3-4-1-2): Gollini; Toloi, Romero, Djimsiti; Hateboer, De Roon, Freuler, Gosens; Pessina; Malinovskyi, Zapata.
Unavailable: Caldara, Pasalic, Ilicic.
– Since Gian Piero Gasperini joined Atalanta, Juventus are the only side that the Bergamaschi have faced 2+ times and never beaten in Serie A (D5 L3).
– Juventus are unbeaten in their last 23 Serie A home meetings against Atalanta (W18 D5): Atalanta’s last win was back in October 1989, 1-0 thanks to Claudio Caniggia’s goal.
– Juventus have found the net in their last 35 Serie A games against Atalanta (78 total goals), the last Atalanta keeper to keep a clean sheet was Davide Pinato in January 1997: this is the longest run for Juventus against a single opponent in the competition.
– Juventus have won their last four games in all competitions and could win five in a row for the first time since January 2020.
– Juventus have failed to win four of their last seven Serie A games played on a Wednesday (D3 L1), after having won nine successive such matches.
– Atalanta have had 11 scorers in Serie A this season, more than any other team in the current league.
– Among the 10 players in the top five European leagues with 12+ goals in all competitions, Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo (14 goals) has played the fewest games (11, at least two less than any other).
– Two of the three players to have scored the most goals from outside the box in Serie A in the last two campaigns (2019/20 – 2020/21) play for Atalanta: seven goals for Ruslan Malinovskyi and Luis Muriel (Domenico Berardi the other).
– After having failed to score in his first five Serie A meetings against Juventus, Duván Zapata has scored five goals in his last six league matches against them – only against Sassuolo has he scored more in the competition (seven).