Life doesn’t get any easier for struggling Fiorentina on Friday night as they welcome Inter to Tuscany (kick-off 20:45).
Fiorentina (3-5-2): Dragowski; Martinez Quarta, Ger. Pezzella, Igor; Caceres, Pulgar, Amrabat, Bonaventura, Biraghi; Vlahovic, Ribery.
Suspended: Castrovilli, MIlenkovic.
Inter (3-5-2): Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Hakimi, Barella, Brozovic, Vidal, Perisic; Lukaku, Martinez.
– Fiorentina have not won any of their last seven Serie A matches against Inter, having achieved five in the previous six.
– Inter could win both Serie A matches against Fiorentina for the first time since 2013/14, with Walter Mazzarri at the helm.
– Fiorentina are unbeaten in their last six Serie A matches at home against Inter: three wins have been followed by three draws – the Nerazzurri’s last success in Florence in the league dates back to February 2014.
– Fiorentina had not earned so few points (22) at this point in Serie A since 2001/02 (when they found relegation): in the last six seasons Viola have always decreased their points total after the 20th Serie A game, starting with 38 of 2015/16 until 22 of this season.
– Inter have not conceded a goal in three Serie A matches. In the last three seasons, the Nerazzurri have recorded a longer streak of consecutive clean sheets only once, in the last four games of last season.
– On the one hand, Inter have the best attack in the league with 49 goals. On the other, only Parma (14) have scored less than Fiorentina (21).
– Antonio Conte has lost twice against Fiorentina. The Viola could become the first team against which he is beaten with all the teams he has coached in the competition (Atalanta, Juventus and Inter).
– Romelu Lukaku (14) and Lautaro Martínez (10) have scored a total of 24 goals in Serie A this season, three more than Fiorentina.
– This could be Romelu Lukaku’s 50th Serie A start: the Inter forward could reach 300 goals in his senior career (currently on 298).
– Only against Napoli (five) has Giacomo Bonaventura scored more in Serie A than against Inter (four).