Inter travel to face Sassuolo on Saturday evening with the Serie A champions again having to bounce back from midweek disappointment in the Champions League against a tough opponent in the Neroverdi.
The Nerazzurri used to have an impressive record against the Neroverdi before going on a run of winning just one in eight, though Antonio Conte’s spell at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza saw them get back to winning ways against the Emilian side.
Simone Inzaghi will hope that his Inter can continue that form this Saturday evening, with kick off at the Mapei Stadium set for 20:45 CEST.
Sassuolo v Inter – Probable line-ups
Inter are expected to be at full strength in Emilia-Romagna on Saturday, having both Lautaro Martinez and Edin Dzeko leading the line. There will be some questions to be asked of Samir Handanovic in goal, though, as his struggles have been highlighted of late.
Sassuolo: Consigli; Muldur, Chiriches, Ferrari, Rogerio; Lopez, Frattesi; Berardi, Djuricic, Boga; Raspadori.
Inter: Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Dumfries, Barella, Brozovic, Calhanoglu, Perisic; Lautaro, Dzeko.
Giacomo Raspadori is tipped to keep his place in attack for Sassuolo as Alessio Dionisi is unlikely to change his starting XI, leaving Gianluca Scamacca having to sit patiently on the bench.
Sassuolo v Inter – Match Stats
- Sassuolo and Inter have drawn only two of their 16 Serie A meetings (0-0 in 2019 and 3-3 in 2020) – both sides have
won seven matches.
- Sassuolo and Inter have both won four Serie A meetings at the Mapei Stadium – however, Inter have won each of the
last two such matches (3-4 in 2019 and 0-3 in 2020).
- After their 1-0 win against Salernitana, Sassuolo could keep a clean sheet in back-to-back Serie A games for the first time since December 2020.
- Inter are only the second side to score 20 or more goals in their first six Serie A games in a season in the 21 st century, after Napoli in 2017/18 (22).
- Inter have scored two or more goals in each of their last 11 league games. Never in their Serie A history have they managed to do so in 12 consecutive matches (also 11 in 1943).
- No side has scored more goals than Inter in the opening (six) and last (eight) 30 minutes of play in Serie A this season – on the other hand, no team has scored fewer than Sassuolo during these periods (zero and one).
- Inter have scored the most headed goals in Serie A this season (six), whilst Sassuolo are yet to concede such a goal – however, Sassuolo last conceded a headed goal in the competition against Inter last April (Romelu Lukaku’s strike).
- Sassuolo’s Maxime Lopez has had the most carries in Serie A this season (117), covering the highest distance through ball carries (1436m).
- Sassuolo striker Domenico Berardi has had a hand in 10 goals in his last 10 Serie A meetings against sides in the top three of the table at the beginning of the matchday (seven goals, three assists).
- Edin Dzeko has the highest difference between goals scored (five) and Expected Goals (2.4) in Serie A this season – the Inter striker has scored five goals in the first six league games for the first time since 2017 (six goals in five games for Roma).
Where can I watch Sassuolo v Inter in Serie A?
In the UK, BT Sport have the rights to Serie A and will show around 200 games over the course of the season, with this game being shown on BT Sport 3 or on the BT Sport App. Paramount+ hold the rights in the USA, and CBS Sports Network will also be showing it. Meanwhile in Australia, beIN Sports is the official broadcaster.
How to follow Sassuolo v Inter in the USA LIVE?
If you’re living in the USA, you can view the Sassuolo v Inter fixture on Paramount+, with the station having signed a deal which gives them a significant portion of Serie A broadcasts for the 2021/22 season.
How to follow Sassuolo v Inter in the UK LIVE?
If you’re living in the UK, you can view the Sassuolo v Inter game on BT Sport 1, BTSport.com, and BT Sport App, with the subscription service having retained the rights to broadcast Serie A in 2021/22.
How to follow Sassuolo v Inter in Australia LIVE?
Viewers in Australia can watch the Sassuolo v Inter clash on beIN Sports 2, which is the official broadcaster of the Italian top flight in Australia. You can also get access to Serie A matches on beIN Sports through Kayo Sports.