The first Derby della Madonnina of the 2021/22 Serie A season takes place on Sunday evening, with AC Milan playing host to cross-city rivals Inter at the Stadio San Siro. Kick off is set for 20:45 CET.
Milan come into the weekend as Serie A leaders alongside Napoli, having so far gone unbeaten in their 11 games. Sitting on 31 points, the Rossoneri already boast a seven-point cushion over champions Inter.
But Inter will be buoyed ahead of the derby knowing that they had the upper hand over Milan last season, and will be keen to carry that over into this term.
Serie A LIVE – AC Milan v Inter – Probable line-ups
Theo Hernandez’s suspension following his needless sending off against Roma gives Stefano Pioli something of a problem at the back, but Fode Ballo-Toure has got some recent experience under his belt already. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is expected to lead the line for Milan.
Milan: Tatarusanu; Calabria, Kjaer, Tomori, Ballo-Toure; Tonali, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Brahim, Leao; Ibrahimovic.
Inter: Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Darmian, Barella, Brozovic, Calhanoglu, Perisic; Lautaro, Dzeko.
Inter, meanwhile, are expected to be at full strength with no real surprises likely in Simone Inzaghi’s XI.
AC Milan v Inter – Match Stats
- Inter have scored the most Serie A goals against AC Milan (246 in 174 meetings), while the Rossoneri have lost 67 such matches against the Nerazzurri: against no other side have they suffered more defeats in the competition (level
- Inter have won five of their last six Serie A Milan derbies (L1), scoring 14 goals and conceding six.
- AC Milan have lost their last three Serie A derbies at home; only once in their Serie A history have they lost more successive such matches – each of the first five in the competition between 1929 and 1934.
- AC Milan will play a Serie A derby with at least seven more points than Inter for the first time since November 2016 – back then, Montella’s AC Milan had eight more points than the rivals, managed by Pioli (the match ended 2-2).
- AC Milan have won 10 of their opening 11 Serie A matches for the first time in their history, including the last seven in a row – they last won eight league successive games in September 2006 (nine under Carlo Ancelotti).
- Since the beginning of 2020, AC Milan and Inter have gained the most Serie A points: 155 in 70 matches each (2.2 per game on average).
- No player has received a red card in the last 15 Serie A Milan derbies, after 11 players had been sent off in the previous 11 such matches.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored six goals in six Serie A derbies for AC Milan against Inter: for the Rossoneri he’s scored more goals only against AS Roma (seven). Only Gunnar Nordahl (11), Andriy Shevchenko (eight) and Altafini (seven) have netted more goals than him for AC Milan against Inter in the competition.
- Inter’s Edin Dzeko has scored five Serie A goals against AC Milan, four of these at the Meazza Stadium – since his debut in the competition (2015/16), he has scored the most goals in away matches against the Rossoneri in Serie A.
- AC Milan are Joaquin Correa’s favourite target in the Italian top-flight (four goals): he has scored a brace in each of his last four league games in which he found the net, including two goals against the Rossoneri for Lazio in April 2021.
Where can I watch AC Milan v Inter in Serie A?
In the UK, BT Sport have the rights to Serie A and will show around 200 games over the course of the season, with this game being shown on BT Sport 1 or on the BT Sport App. Paramount+ hold the rights in the USA, and CBS Sports Network will also be showing it. Meanwhile in Australia, beIN Sports is the official broadcaster.
How to follow AC Milan v Inter in the USA LIVE?
If you’re living in the USA, you can view the AC Milan v Inter fixture on Paramount+, with the station having signed a deal which gives them a significant portion of Serie A broadcasts for the 2021/22 season.
How to follow AC Milan v Inter in the UK LIVE?
If you’re living in the UK, you can view the AC Milan v Inter game on BT Sport 1, BTSport.com, and BT Sport App, with the subscription service having retained the rights to broadcast Serie A in 2021/22.
How to follow AC Milan v Inter in Australia LIVE?
Viewers in Australia can watch the AC Milan v Inter clash on beIN Sports Connect, which is the official broadcaster of the Italian top flight in Australia. You can also get access to Serie A matches on beIN Sports through Kayo Sports.