Here are several professional football players who currently play in Serie A (the top flight of men’s professional football in Italy) who have recently been linked with moves away to the English Premier League.
Serie A is one of the most exciting leagues in world football this season. The race for the title has been hugely competitive, but Napoli, recently, have pulled away in serious fashion. According to football betting odds, they are favourites to win their first scudetto title since the days of Maradona. It’s been individual performances that have drawing the attention of global audiences, as much as a team’s. This is why many players have been linked with moves away from the Serie A.
Top 5 Serie A players who could end up playing in the Premier League
Here are just five Serie A players that have recently been linked with a potential move to a Premier League side. They include the following players:
- Dusan Vlahovic (centre-forward), who currently plays for Juventus, has been linked with Arsenal
- Duvan Zapata (centre-forward), who currently plays for Atalanta, has been linked with Everton
- Nicolo Zanioli (attacking midfield), who currently plays for Roma, has been linked with Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United, and Newcastle United on multiple occasions
- Nicolás González (left winger), who currently plays for Fiorentina, has been linked with Leicester City
Roma’s Rick Karsdorp has been linked with Southampton and Bournemouth. Inter Milan’s Edin Dzeko has been linked with Manchester United, and Napoli’s Hirving Lozano has been linked with Arsenal.
One of the other recent transfer rumours swirling around the internet was that of Weston McKennie’s possible move from Juventus to Aston Villa or Bournemouth. Also, Olivier Giroud could potentially move from AC Milan to Manchester United, and Sofyan Amrabat could move from Fiorentina to Liverpool.
Which teams are most likely to win the Premier League and Serie A?
To better understand which teams are most likely to win Italy’s Serie A or England’s Premier League, the best thing to do would be to turn to today’s most trusted sports betting sites, such as DAZn bet.
Here are the latest outright betting odds for Serie A and the Premier League:
- The odds-on favourite team that’s most likely to win Serie A outright is Napoli. They are currently priced at 3/10 in UK fractional odds (which is -333 in the moneyline odds used in America, and 1.30 in the decimal odds system prevalent in Europe. It also means that they have a massive 76.90% implied probability of topping the league at the end of the season
- Arsenal are the odds-on favourite team that’s most likely to win the Premier League outright. They are currently priced at 41/50 in UK fractional odds (which is -122 in American/moneyline odds and 1.82 in European decimal odds.) It also means that they have a massive 54.90% chance of winning the Premier League
Things to remember when betting real money
When placing a real money wager at any fully licensed sports betting site, don’t forget that no bet is guaranteed, no matter how certain the initial odds may seem. Never chase your losses. Gamble responsibly, and don’t ever spend more than you can afford.
Photo by Unsplash